Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)
The Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI®) is a self-inventory test designed to identify a person’s personality type, strengths and preferences. The test was developed by Isabel Myers and her mother Katherine Briggs based on their work with Carl Jung’s theory of personality. The MBTI® is one of the most widely used psychological instruments in the world and is based on four preferences.
- E or I (Extraversion or Introversion) – where we prefer to draw and expand our energy
- S or N (Sensing or iNtuition) – how we gather information
- T or F (Thinking or Feeling) – how we process information
- J or P (Judgment or Perception) – how we operate in the external world
Results from the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) are delivered in a four letter type.
Applications for individuals and teams include:
- Type dynamics and development
- Communication skills
- Team development
- Stress Management
- Leadership and Management development
- Career development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict management
Click here for a sample Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) report.