Effective Workplace Communication Skills
Effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, managers, customers and clients managed through positive communication have a prevailing impact on organisational success. Good communication is essential to creating a positive work culture where trust and engagement result when people feel heard and valued.
This workshop will provide participants with the tools to understand their personal behavioural style and become a more confident communicator and build better workplace relationships.
- Understand your preferred communication style and how it impacts your relationship with others
- Adapt your communication style to build understanding and cooperation
- How perception and image can impact others’ opinion of you and your job performance
- Increase your self-awareness by managing your own responses to challenging situations
- Roadblocks to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Develop empathic listening and effective questioning skills
- Give positive feedback to improve performance and encourage motivation
- Handling difficult feedback situations
- Receive feedback and use it to improve your performance
- Be assertive without being intimidating
Optional: Participants complete the Everything DiSC® Workplace™ Profile as part of the workshop.
Who would benefit from this training:
- Any person who wants to maximise their positive impact on others through effective communication and interpersonal skills
This training course is run In-House for clients at your preferred venue. It can be delivered as a lunch and learn series, as half, full or multiple day modules, or can be combined, extended and altered to include your specific learning and time requirements.
Our communications skills training courses also include: