Essential Skills for Team Leaders and New Managers
This modular training course will provide participants with solid and easy-to-apply skills needed to manage effectively.
Confidence will be gained through group discussions, role plays, case studies, assessments, and real life practical examples, to plan, organise, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to advance a career in management.
- Recognise challenges and opportunities that new managers face
- Identify expectations of others–your boss, subordinates, peers, customers, etc.
- Define the role and responsibilities of a manager and supervisor
- Create a climate of trust and respect
- Understand and adjust management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Understand the impact different communication styles have on staff motivation
- Plan, manage and communicate priorities to staff
- Improve productivity and effectiveness through delegation
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Provide positive and constructive feedback in a way that motivates and leads to positive change
- Coach and develop their staff
Click here for a comprehensive list of course modules that can be tailored to your specific learning needs.
Who would benefit from this training:
- Team leaders, new supervisors/managers who are new to management or more experienced managers with little or no formal training in management skills
- Staff looking to progress into a management position.
This training course is run In-House for clients at your preferred venue. It can be delivered as half day or full day modules, or can be combined, extended and altered to include your specific learning and time requirements.
Our management & leadership training courses also include: