Interviewing Skills for Selection Panels (1/2 Day)
Interviewing Skills for Selection Panels is a half-day interactive workshop (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.) that teaches you how to develop or improve your interviewing skills.
You will learn practical behavioural interview techniques to avoid problems and streamline the process in order to successfully select the best candidate.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who sits on a selection panel and would like to improve their interviewing skills
- Anyone who is new to sitting on selection panels or is likely to sit on one in the future
CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE IN-HOUSE
- Identify the skills, behaviours, and attitudes needed for the position
- Plan and prepare for the interview
- Develop and ask effective targeted questions to assess the criteria using non-discriminatory techniques "Hands-on" interviewing practice (role playing) while being coaching on interviewing techniques
- Focus on factors and information necessary to assess the candidate's skills, background, personality, and cultural fit
- Handle challenging candidates
- Objectively and fairly assess candidate flaws
- Conduct effective reference checks
- Evaluate and select the best candidate