Managing Up (1/2 Day)
Managing up is a conscious approach to effectively working with your manager (or managers) towards goals that are important to both of you. It is also about learning when certain styles are not effective and how to adapt them to suit the situation.
Through managing up, you build a productive working relationship with your manager and develop a way to use the complementary strengths of you and your manager to deliver value to the relationship, team, and the organisation.
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking to strengthen their relationship with their manager and create a more positive work environment with superiors.
CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE IN-HOUSE
- Understand the benefit of managing up as both a manager and as an employee
- What behaviours managers do/don't want in their employees
- Identify your manager's style, priorities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Know when and how to adapt your style to their style
- Use behavioural and communication styles to effectively navigate the manager/managed relationship
- Provide unsolicited feedback to your manager: it's about timing, permission, and specifics
- Learn to ask for feedback
- Tips for managing the difficult or challenging boss