Giving Feedback & Conducting Difficult Workplace Conversations (1/2 Day)
There are many subjects that we find difficult to talk about in the workplace. How you handle them can make the difference between a successful outcome and having an unresolved problem.
This half-day (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.) workshop will equip you with practical strategies for conducting difficult workplace conversations. Learn how to turn challenging conversations into a foundation for improved relationships, enhanced morale, and increased productivity.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who wants to learn effective techniques for giving feedback and conducting difficult conversations with others.
Early bird rate: $390.00 + GST; otherwise $440.00 + GST
- When is it appropriate to have a difficult workplace conversation?
- Identify barriers to conducting difficult conversations
- Identify the types of difficult conversations you need to have - are they about the right issue with the right person?
- Preparation is the key to conducting difficult conversations
- Overcome resistance to, or avoidance of difficult conversations
- How to begin a difficult conversation
- How to give constructive feedback during a difficult conversation
- Control your emotions and avoid defensiveness while conducting a difficult conversation
- How to end a difficult conversation on a positive note
- Follow up techniques after conducting a difficult conversation
- Practice conducting a difficult conversation