Dealing with Difficult People & Situations (1/2 Day)
At one time or another, everyone has to deal with difficult people. Knowing how to deal with difficult people and situations will allow you to approach your work with more enjoyment and your colleagues with greater confidence.
This half-day workshop (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.) presents useful techniques that help all employees "keep their cool" in a wide variety of difficult situations. It outlines the successful elements of dealing with difficult situations and difficult people of all types - whether they are customers or colleagues.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who feels that their response to working with difficult people
could be improved.
Early bird rate: $390.00 + GST; otherwise $440.00 + GST
- Gain insight into why people can become difficult
- Identify the different types of difficult behaviours and specific strategies for handling them
- Be less of a target with difficult people
- How to pre-empt challenging situations and avoid escalating them further
- Develop assertive communication skills which will help you manage difficult behaviours
- Learn the importance of non-verbal communication in difficult situations
- Use words that make a difference in difficult situations
- How to deal with emotions and feelings
- Learn how to give feedback to the difficult person
- Turn conflict situations into opportunities to communicate openly