Positive Assertiveness (1/2 Day)
Assertiveness is one of the most important skills that you can have in your everyday communications at work especially when delegating, attending meetings, negotiating, motivating your staff, selling, leading, and managing conflict with your colleagues.
In this highly interactive half-day workshop (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.), you will learn a range of step-by-step techniques to increase your ability to communicate assertively in challenging situations so you will feel better about yourself and your self-control in everyday situations.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who wants to develop their assertiveness skills
On-Site Assertiveness Training:
Can be tailored to the needs of client organisations and delivered on-site at a time and location of the client's choice.
Early bird rate: $390.00 + GST; otherwise $440.00 + GST
- Understand the role that positive assertiveness plays in interpersonal communication
- Assess your comfort level of assertiveness
- Understand the principles of assertive behaviour
- Stop letting situations and emotional responses control you
- Use simple assertive verbal and nonverbal communication techniques and develop assertive body language
- Practice assertive behaviour in different situations
- Communicate your needs by asking for what you want without being controlling
- Apply simple assertiveness techniques to problem situations
- Say "No" or express disagreement with confidence