Conducting an Effective Performance Review (1/2 Day)
Many managers are concerned about how best to conduct reviews and link them to development plans and future training. Being responsible for your staff's performance, you must be ready, willing, and able to set and communicate clear expectations and provide support to achieve them.
This half-day workshop (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.) will cover the fundamentals of conducting an effective performance review. You will learn how to prepare for the review, conduct the review meeting, and monitor and follow up on performance.
Who should attend:
- Managers, Team Leaders, and Supervisors who carry out staff reviews or prepare Individual Development Plans for their staff
Early bird rate: $390.00 + GST; otherwise $440.00 + GST
- The importance of planning, preparing, and structuring the performance review
- Employee preparation for the review - set the right expectations
- Learn how to listen, question and give clear and specific feedback
- Review performance objectives so you can provide specific feedback describing the gap between expected and actual performance
- Define areas for development and set clear performance objectives
- Avoid common pitfalls when conducting the review
- Handle performance problems and sensitive issues effectively
- Create Individual Development Plans with your staff
- Monitor and review progress of objectives and development plans between review meetings
- Develop your feedback skills to motivate staff between review meetings