Effective Delegation Skills (1/2 Day)
Effective delegation saves you time, develops and motivates your staff, and creates greater teamwork. Poor delegation results in underperformance, job dissatisfaction, and stress.
This half-day workshop (8.45 a.m.-12.30 p.m.) will give you the practical tools you can use to plan what to delegate, to whom, and how to delegate effectively resulting in effective task and project completion.
Who should attend:
- Team Leaders and Supervisors who want to improve their time management and productivity by delegating
- Staff who recently transitioned into a management or supervisory role
- Anyone who would like to improve their delegation skills at work
- Employees on the 'receiving end' of delegation.
CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE IN-HOUSE
- The role of delegation in developing employees and increasing your effectiveness as a manager/supervisor/team leader
- Effective versus ineffective delegation
- Identify appropriate tasks and people when delegating
- Manage the delegation process and balance tasks between the team
- Responsibilities that can be delegated and those that cannot
- Strategies for overcoming reluctance to delegate
- Handle employee resistance to delegation
- Monitor progress without micromanaging
- Establish the right feedback channels when delegating