Working with Emotional Intelligence
Recent studies indicate that understanding and increasing Emotional
Intelligence (EI or EQ) is essential to workplace effectiveness, leadership potential, and career success.
This valuable 1-day Emotional Intelligence workshop provides an understanding of the 5 core emotional competencies of EQ:
self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and interpersonal
skills and how to apply them to specific workplace situations.
You will learn how to increase your self awareness, monitor and adapt
your emotions at work, and create an atmosphere to improve EI.
The workshop includes a personal Emotional Intelligence Assessment,
the BarOn EQ-i®, developed by Dr Reuven BarOn, and used to test over
85,000 individuals worldwide. Participants will receive a confidential
Emotional Intelligence Report.
Measuring Emotional Intelligence provides scores in the following areas:
- Intrapersonal - self-awareness and awareness of one's own emotions
- Interpersonal - empathy toward others and how people relate to
- Adaptability - flexibility and openness to new ideas
- Stress management - stress tolerance and impulse control
- General mood - optimism and happiness
Who should attend:
- Human Resources professionals
- Staff with an interest in developing their own Emotional Intelligence
and who want to use EQ programs to better understand and manage their emotions in the workplace
Early bird rate: $695.00 + GST; otherwise $795.00 + GST
- Understand Emotional Intelligence and how it affects your
performance at work
- Case studies of high and low Emotional Intelligence in the workplace
- Examine your workplace challenges and explore EI solutions
- Monitor and adapt your emotions and behaviour at work
- Positively influence the emotions and motivations of others
- Develop Emotionally Intelligent teams
- Use Emotional Intelligence to better manage conflict situations
- Create an EI development plan