Manage Your Career Development
Managing a career amidst the change and uncertainty of today's workplace presents a unique set of career development challenges.
This 1-day workshop will help participants realistically assess their career situation and acquire the tools to assume greater control over their careers.
You will learn the tools to be able to clarify your career strengths, identify transferable skills, explore career options either within your organisation or externally, understand how to effectively market yourself, and develop a career action plan.
Who should attend:
- Any person who wants to better manage their career, change career direction, and/or grow their career
- Managers, team leaders, or supervisors who want to better help
staff with their career development
CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE IN-HOUSE
- Understand the forces affecting careers today and their implications for career self-management
- Understand the new organisational realities and their implications for the skills, abilities, and competencies you will need to be effective and ensure employability
- Gain knowledge of the career planning process
- Identify and increase awareness of your personal style, values, skills, and interests and how these impact career planning
- Use self-assessment results to better manage and plan your career and take a more proactive approach to your career development
- Identify on-the-job vs. off-the-job development
- Get and use feedback to enhance your career development
- Develop a professional network to benchmark skills, be aware of opportunities, and increase awareness of recent developments in your field of expertise
- Develop an action plan to achieve your career goals
- Learn how to effectively market yourself